Tuesday, March 31, 2009

RIP DJ SPELL














Brian Caufield aka DJ Spell was murdered this week in LA.

Next month I am going to try to compile some of his music together and maybe work on a tribute depending what some of our close friends are thinking.

Until then...

Please go to DJ SPELL'S MYSPACE PAGE and PLAY BRIAN'S MUSIC AS LOUD AS YOU CAN IN MEMORY OF A GREAT MAN. R.I.P.

PLAY IT LOUD ENOUGH SO THAT HE CAN HEAR IT!
















DJ SPELL STARTED DEEJAYING IN 1992. SINCE THEN HE HAS FOUNDED P.O.S, RAILHEADS, AND HAS WORKED WITH MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY. SOME OF HIS CREDIT'S INCLUDE TRACK PLACEMENT ON COACH CARTER, STARING SAMUEL L JACKSON, MEET THE FOCKER'S TRAILER (2004), NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC PYRAMIDS OF GIZA, MR JINX, SCION COMMERCIAL 2007, MANY B MOVIES THAT WERE NOT RELEASED IN AMERICA. ALBUM CREDIT'S- P.O.S- WORLD TRAVEL AGENCY ALBUM, BLAZIE DAY'S, WOZER. SINGLES INCLUDE ARTIST JOE STYLES KING TOKERS KRU, SYNTAX STRANGE, KERNAL KUTTA, UNAPRECIATED SCHOLARS, PENO 1, ETC..... ENGINEERING CREDITS - MOTHER SUPERIOR (PEARL) ALBUM, LIMPOPO. MANY NEW PROJECTS ON THE WAY FOR 2008. CHASM ART GALLERY COMING SOON TO DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES.


(Editor's Note: As I revisit his Myspace page I am in awe, I had no idea dude had gotten up so much with the graffiti, and had been doing so much music. Brian was incredibly prolific and hardworking, it is going to take A LOT more of these articles for us to truly shed light on the scope of his work. The more time I spend on that Myspace page the more distraught I am over this shit.)

5 comments:

  1. A.V.I.U.S. OF 3 THE HARDWAYApril 1, 2009 at 9:47 AM

    R.I.P. HOMIE....THANKS FOR THE LOVE OUT IN L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A.V.I.U.S. OF 3 THE HARDWAYApril 1, 2009 at 9:56 AM

    OH AND JUST TO SHOW HOW MUCH HOMIE GOT DOWN HE INTRODUCED 3 THE HARDWAY TO CHARLIE TUNA'S LIL BRO...DUDE IS NASTY ON THE MIC AS WELL...WILL HAVE THE TRACK RIGHT HERE ON CO RAP REPORT SOON....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank the Colorado Rap Report for having this tribute dedicated to Brian. I didn't know him but heard what happened to him and then searched his myspace page. He was a very talented individual and it is so completely unfortunate we don't get to see more of his artistic talent. I look forward to hearing your compilation of his music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Son, Rest In Power. Colorado, we need you to contact the writer carolynsinclair888@gmail.com Dusto - DJ Tense - DJ Cysko, please..we need your input on his work and timelines, hoping to publish soon!

    Much Love and Respect - Mother of Brian Caufield

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the most original people I've ever met. You helped me take care of my family when I needed someone most. I will keep your art and music alive forever.

    ReplyDelete